The Pursuit of Healthiness

The Pursuit of Healthiness
Your Guide to Getting Healthy

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tip #5: Watch What You Eat (Or Watch Something Else!)

I just got back from the final Harry Potter movie (I promise no spoilers!) and it was the first time ever I bought a box of movie candy but didn't finish it! I'm really so proud of myself right now! I joined the website Sparkpeople which makes me track everything I eat and I tracked 2 servings of Junior Mints on my way out, which did not put me over the fat or calorie limit that Sparkpeople provides me. The only problem with that was that I bought the box, unknowing that there was actually 3 servings in the box! Uh oh!

Like I said I always finish the box, but this time I decided to eat the two servings and save the final one. The box said 16 Junior Mints a serving so I allotted myself 32 Junior Mints. I ate 6 before the movie even started. But suddenly the movie started and it was like "What Junior Mints?" In the back of my mind, I kept the number in my head. At about 10 minutes in, 8 Mints....30 minutes was 12....1 hour was 16. However, it wasn't the first thing on my mind. What was the most important thing I was thinking about was "What the hell is going on now?"

By the end of the movie, I ended up having 4 left over from my 2 servings! So this is what I discovered, which seemed to help me not overeat: Know how much you can eat, but keep yourself busy! If you aren't thinking about how much you can eat, you won't think about what you CANNOT eat! And when you think about what you can't eat, your mind convinces you that you are depriving yourself (even though you aren't) and you end up eating more than your allotted servings.

I've leave you with these two things. One: Go out, have fun, and be social! You'll enjoy yourself so much that you won't be able to think about food! And Two: Go see Harry Potter! It's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment