The Pursuit of Healthiness

The Pursuit of Healthiness
Your Guide to Getting Healthy

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Workout #13: Create Your Own Circuit

Lately I've become addicted to Exercise OnDemand, which is great because if I don't have any idea what to do, someone else can tell me a new idea to try. However, I've recently discovered a little problem with that: they never change their videos! Well, maybe not never, but almost throughout the entire month, the videos stay the same and after about two weeks of the same workouts, I'm ready to try something new!

Today, I decided I was in the mode for a little circuit training so I looked on OnDemand for one, but I've done all of their circuit training videos at least five times now. Instead, I grabbed my I-pod and went on my exercise machine, Pro-Form AbGlider! I bought it like five months ago but hardly ever used it, but today I was just really in the mood to try it. I was on it for about five months until I was bored. Then a song that was really upbeat and got up from the machine and started dancing! Then the next song I got back on the machine and I ended up doing this about 10 more times. With this workout that I created on the spur of the moment, I torched over 500 calories!

So here's your challenge: The next time your bored with your workout, switch it up, crank your music up, and create a new circuit workout! It's a lot easier than you might think!

No comments:

Post a Comment