The Pursuit of Healthiness

The Pursuit of Healthiness
Your Guide to Getting Healthy

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tip 4: Plan Ahead!

Hi everybody! Sorry this took so long!

I recently noticed something that is really helping me! I'm planning my meals a day ahead. I write down my next day's breakfast, lunch, dinner, and two snacks. Then I tally up the calories! I know that if my meals add up to the total amount of calories I should have in a day, I'm not going to go and snack because I'm going over my calorie limit! Also, I account for one moderately unhealthy snack, like a Vienna finger or an ice cream bar. If I know that I'm having a treat later, I don't feel a need to snack on unhealthy things throughout the day. Doing this helped me kick my afternoon cappuccino habit!

Here was mine for today:
Breakfast: Oatmeal, coffee with skim milk, banana
Lunch: Whole wheat tortilla, part skim mozzarella, lettuce, tomato, turkey
Dinner: Mandarin Orange salad
Snack One: Grapefruit
Snack Two: Greek yogurt
Unhealthy Snack: Weight Watchers Ice Cream Bar

Give it a go and plan it out for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment